Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday


Sunday's liturgy was greatly enhanced by children from the parish enacting a scene that illuminated the story of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. With great skill the children kept the congregation smiling and interested in their tale of a 'wobbly' donkey. And so a packed Holy Trinity was able to celebrate Palm Sunday in great style and set the scene for the coming week with the forthcoming Tridium and dénouement of the Resurrection. Today choirboy performed a first for him - singing the psalm whilst playing the organ. No small feat as he is not really an organist (or a singer I imagine many of you saying at this moment -are there actually many of you ?). Once again we were blessed on the guitar front with three guitarists in addition to a flautist and recorder player and of course the wonderful Mary on the organ - fantastic sound !
Entry: - Ride on

Responsorial Psalm: - My God, My God, why have You forsaken me

Cantor: 1. All who see me deride me
They curl their lips, they toss their heads,
“He trusted in the Lord, let him save him;
let him release him if this is his friend” (R.)

Cantor: 2. Many dogs have surrounded me
a band of the wicked beset me
They tear holes in my hands and my feet
I can count every one of my bones. (R.)

Cantor: 3. They divide my clothing among them.
They cast lots for my robe.
O Lord, do not leave me alone,
My strength, make haste to help me! (R.)

Cantor: 4. I will tell of your name to my brethren
and praise you where they are assembled
“You who fear the Lord give him praise;
all sons of Jacob, give him glory.
Revere him, Israel’s sons”

My God, My God, why have You forsaken me
My God, My God, why have You….. for - saken me

Offertory: - Take our bread

Sanctus:- Holy, holy, holy. Holy, holy, holy, God of all power, God of all might.
Holy, holy, holy. Holy, holy, holy. Heaven and earth are full of Your glory,
Hosanna in the highest, Hosanna in the highest Forever Amen, forever Amen.

Amen: - Amen, Amen, Amen
We will sing of Your love forever. We will sing Your praise forever Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen

Agnus Dei: - Burntwood Mass
Lamb of God, You take away – the sin of all the world, have mercy on us, Lord.
Lamb of God, You take away – the sin of all the world, have mercy on us all.
Lamb of God, You take away - the sin of all the world, grant us peace.

Communion: - The Servant King

Recessional:- You shall go out with joy

1 comment:

Beach Bum said...

I recognise this music ... are you perhaps a convert?