Sunday, March 25, 2007

Czech it out - 5th Sunday in Lent


It was a day of many welcomes. Welcome to Frank, who is from the Czech Republic. He is working in Newquay for the next few months andfortunately for us is a guitar player. Unfortunately he has no guitar with him, so has had to make do with choirboy's 12 string. He does, however, play bass and as choirboy has just acquired a natty bass guitar (pink) we may persuade him to play that ! Welcome back too to Maz, who has been doing winter survival training in Oberammergau - it's in Bavaria and one would normally expect snow at this time of the year but alas there was none. Oberammergau is famous for its Passion Play which is enacted in the streets of the town every 10 years and has been done so since 1634. It was last performed in 2000, so not long to go till next time ! Finally we welcomed back Father David Mead to Holy Trinity - he was witness to a rather bizarre occurrence before mass when choirboy was asked if he was a convert as he seemed to choose mostly protestant hymns. Father Stephen was off on Deanery business so it was left to Deacon Brian to expound on the VII Commandment - 'thou shall not steal'
Our music liturgy today included a new number by choirboy - 'Lord I know that You love me'
Entry: - Praise my soul the King of heaven

Kyrie: - Kyrie Elieson (Newquay Mass (ii))

Gospel Acclamation : - Praise to You, O Christ (V4)

Offertory: - In bread we bring You, Lord

Sanctus:- Newquay Mass (ii)

Amen: - Amen - We will sing.

Agnus Dei: - Burntwood Mass

Communion: - Lord I know that You love me

Lord I know that You love me and I’ll always try to be
Worthy of Your boundless love - I’ll keep on praying to You my Lord
For I know, You’ll always show that You love me

Recessional:- Here I am Lord

No comments: