Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost

The Church was surprisingly full today for the feast of Pentecost. I say surprisingly for as visitors to Newquay will know, this is the weekend of 'Run to the sun' - an event loved and loathed in equal measure by North Cornwall coast residents. In his third to last 10.30 homily Father Stephen used a wonderful story to remind us of the power of the Spirit and how he 'orchestrates' our lives if we let him. Secondly he urged, that renewed and infused with this power, we should proclaim loudly that Jesus Christ, the Son of God is risen. A powerful call to evangelise the gospel, something as Catholics we are particularly poor at.
Our music liturgy contained, of course, many references to the Spirit and I believe many were uplifted by the liturgy. Many apart from Jimmy who was mysteriously absent - where are you Jimmy?
Finally choirboy received some sad, if not inevitable, news. Maz is to be posted to Afghanistan and leaves in 4 weeks. We will miss her and pray for her safe journey and return to us.


Entry: - Come Holy Ghost

Gloria: - Gloria

Gospel Acclamation: - Eight-fold Alleluia

Offertory: - Take our bread, we ask You

Sanctus:- Celtic Liturgy – Holy Holy

Mem Accl: -
Dying you destroyed our death, rising you restored our life
Come Lord Jesus come, come again in glory (repeat)

Come Lord Jesus come, come again in glory (repeat)

Amen: - Amen, Amen, Amen
We will sing of Your love forever. We will sing Your praise forever Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen

Agnus Dei: - Mass of Peace

Communion: -Spirit of the living God

Father, in my life I see

Recessional: - Go tell everyone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to reasure everyone out there. I am going to be working in the safest part of Afganistan in Kandahar. I will miss the services at Holy Trinity while I am away, but I have been assured that there is a nice but very small church where I am going. I will be emailing Louise and Pete to let them know how I am doing and I am sure they will give you regular updates. If anyone wishes to stay in touch while I am away I am sure Pete will pass on my contact details! See you all when I get back!