Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ordinary Time



Following the season of Advent we enter what the Church calls Ordinary Time - always seems to me an unfortunate phrase as if it is somehow unimportant. We are in the in-between post Christmas period and the wind up to Lent and Easter. So it was somewhat of a surprise when choirboy was approached after mass by a visitor to see if the choir could record any of our music to help another parish learn some new music. This has been an issue for choirboy for sometime. That is, how to bring the music of our parish to a wider audience. We this in mind I have been experimenting with a number of net hosting services. There is unfortunately no ideal solution, but here is a temporary one: - a webspace where I can upload small mp3 files. For the technically minded this poses a problem as all my music files are kept as wav files. Anyway I do have one mp3 file at the moment of our Kyrie and here it is

http://uk.geocities.com/merrin@btinternet.com/Kyriemp3.mp3

Sorry about the quality and the link may well be dead at some point in the future as I get more technically minded. When the link loads try pressing enter twice and this might produce the desired effect. It is not meant to be a finished product, merely an indication of how I envisage the music to be performed. Enjoy if possible - I will try and improve quality and range of download. Please remember it is copyrighted by CCLI.

Entry: - Seek ye first

Gloria: - Gloria !

Alleluia: - Plymouth Alleluia

Offertory: - In bread we bring You

Holy Holy: - Gathering mass

Mem Accl: - Dying you destroyed our death

Amen: - We lift our hearts

Lamb of God: - Newquay mass (ii)

Communion: - Lord I am not worthy

Father we adore You

Recessional: - I am a new creation

No comments: